73. Which category of twisted pair is mainly used?
Answer: There are up to 7 categories of twisted pair but Category 3 and 5 twisted pairs are mostly used. Category 3 has 2 individually insulated wires twisted together .4 such twisted pairs are put together in a sheath to form the medium.Category 5 is same as 3 with more number of twist per cm. More the number of twists the better the communication medium. Leads to less cross talk and better signal transmission over longer distances.
74. What is Framing?
Answer: Framing in the data link layer separates a message from one source to a destination, or from other messages to other destinations, by adding a sender address and a destination address. The destination address defines where the packet has to go and the sender address helps the recipient acknowledge the receipt.
75. What are 10Base2, 10Base5 and 10BaseT Ethernet LANs??
– It is an Ethernet term which means a maximum transfer rate of 10 Megabits per second that uses baseband signaling, with a contiguous cable segment length of 100 meters and a maximum of 2 segments.
– It is an Ethernet term meaning a maximum transfer rate of 10 Megabits per second that uses baseband signaling, with 5 continuous segments not exceeding 100 meters per segment.
– It is an Ethernet term meaning a maximum transfer rate of 10 Megabits per second that uses baseband signaling and twisted pair cabling.
76. Which factors impact the reliability of the network?
Answer: The factors that impact the reliability of the network are:
a. The frequency of failure
b. Downtime / Time taken for recovery.
77. What are Encoder and Decoder?
Answer: A device or program that uses predefined algorithms to encode, or compress audio or video data for storage or transmission use. A circuit that is used to convert between digital video and analog video.
A device or program that translates encoded data into its original format (e.g. it decodes the data). The term is often used in reference to MPEG-2 video and sound data, which must be decoded before it is output.
78. What is the usage of Sequence Number in Reliable Transmission?
Answer: The protocol specifies that frames need to be numbered. This is done by using sequence numbers. A field is added to the data frame to hold the sequence number of that frame. Since we want to minimize the frame size, the smallest range that provides unambiguous communication. The sequence numbers can wrap around.
79. What are the two types of transmission technology available?
Answer: The two types of transmission technology available are:
- Broadcast &
80. What do you mean by “triple X” in Networks?
Answer: In computer networking terms there are many protocols and functionality in obsolete/old data communication network is coined as x.something like the structure of a PAD is defined by the ITU-T in recommendations X.3, X.28, and X.29.
X.3 specifies the parameters for terminal-handling functions such as line speed, flow control, character echo, et al. for a connection to an X.25 host. The X.3 parameters are similar in function to present day Telnet options.