This question might be asked in other ways. “What are your biggest achievements?” “What are you most proud of?” “What was your biggest achievement in your current/last job?” “What has been the high point of your career so far?”
Interviewer isn’t generally looking for a work-related achievement. However, a work-related achievement can still be highlighted in your answer. Interviewers like high achievers who are driven by a personal drive to excel, rather than motivated by others achievements. This is your chance to let the employer know about some of your proudest achievements, and what you choose will display a lot about your sense of background, values, interest and what gives you satisfaction and in which kinfd of culture you really fit in. Some of the proudest accomplishments may be things like employee of the month, awards from work or school, sporting medals or best employee in your last company.
Note – General Tips Section:
– This can help the interviewer decide whether your personal attitudes would fit well with the company culture and objectives.
– Focus on your challenging project at work which you managed to complete.
– Try not to go too far back, generally try to pick a recent achievement..
– Describe the practical skills that enabled you to succeed.
– Make sure to provide detailed information to establish credibility and help the interviewer understand the value of your accomplishment.
– Do not try to be modest or exaggerate..Try not to focus on an achievement that has little relevance to the job that you are applying for.
– Make sure it’s a clear and specific event. Build a backup examples to explain your answer in more relevant and concise way.
– Keep it professional and positive and genuine.
Sample Answer: My greatest achievement so far in my career would probably be winning the employee of the month. I was able to reach goals during that period which significantly boosted our working capital. I drove up sales levels, especially by increasing the revenue from the windows display of latest products and offers. The net income during that month was boosted by impressive 37% and profits rose in line with it. I was promoted along with the award and also they participated me in motivating and training a new employee in the department.. .