This question might be asked in other ways. “What do you think are the most important skills in succeeding in sales?” ” What’s the most important thing a sales associate should know? “
Interviewer is checking whether the personality traits and abilities you possess match those required to be a successful as a retail sales. . It will identify your strengths as well as the areas you may need to improve on. There is no true right answer to this question. Pick a trait that you possess and describe why it would be beneficial in a sales associate position.
Note – Major Characterstics:
– Confident . In order to make an eye contact and begin up a conversation with strangers , you need to confident enough.
– Flexibility is the topmost characteristics that every sales associate should possess, when dealing with the public. Things may be out of track, so you must be flexible enough to roll with the punches and problematic situation.
– Communication Skill. There is no possible way to be a good seller without the ability to communicate effectively.
– Handling difficulties and rejection. The customer might not always be right, but they are always the customer. So Customer is always right. Customers must be treated with respect, even in the most challenging and problematic situations.
– Cheerfulness. The ability to smile in the face and being cheerful in any difficulties can make a world of difference to customers.
Sample Answer: I believe that every sales associate should have a thorough understanding of the products, including how they work, the differences between them and how they are catalogued is most important. . One must know the details of the products and how to use them in order to inform the customers and to successfully make a sale. For me communication skills will also be regarded as the best characteristic. . There is no possible way to be a good seller without the ability to communicate effectively. Apart from this, sales associate needs to be very focused on delivering quality services and ensuring that any conflict is managed or solved in a professional manner. .