Alternative Question: “Why are you interested in this position?” “What makes you suitable for this retail job?”
Interviewers are asking you to explain why you are a good fit for their company and the role they have offer. If you cannot properly answer this question, it can appear that you are not confident or serious about the position. Remember that employers do not necessarily want to hear that this job is a good opportunity for you, but to be sure that their company is a place where your qualifications are the best match to the position they offer and you can make the change and the difference they are seeking
Note – Major Responsibilities:
– Mention your skills and experience.
– If you have received any awards or recognitions for your accomplishments in sales associate positions then mention them. But do not Boast about your accomplishments.
– Avoid focusing on other types of candidates or talking bad about other applicants.
– The best skills to highlight would be, Communication Skills and Customer Service.
– Speak about your positive personal traits, like dynamism, dedication and attention to details.
– Don’t make a long story, You may loose the attention of Your interviewer.. So plan for short and sweet answer.
– It’s always good to highlight your skills and traits like, Problem solving, Time management, Computer skills, work under pressure , etc.
Sample Answer: I believe that I am the best candidate for this position because of my extensive customer service skills, team player and my ability to adapt to any situation. My exceptional interpersonal skills, convincing power, and ability to create effectual displays make me an ideal candidate for this job. I have a passion for success and goal oriented demeanor that would push me to accomplish my set tasks which could be one beneficial plus point for this job role. Also, my personable character and my previous work experience can make me work well and communicate with others to contribute to team efforts..