This is a commonly asked question in job interviews for all levels of positions in all sectors. This question is the best chance for you to explain why you are the best-qualified candidate for this job. The interviewer is attempting to identify your key competencies and skill whether they fit with the needs of the role or not. We all have varied strength, so the key point is to select behavioral traits which fits with the needs of the role and be sure to backup your strength with few examples to prove if asked further.
Note – General Tips:
– Make some interesting story to back up your strength.
– Focus on Quality instead quantity( Highlight few important strengths, Too many strengths may throw a negative impact to interviewer). – Think strategically about what skills you possess to be qualified for the job and a good fit candidate for the company.
– If your strengths aren’t relevant to the job, they are just meaningless to the interviewer.
– Be like someone who will make an excellent addition to the team
– Mention your awards and achievements you got due to your strength.
Few strengths Best to Mention in your answer:
- All rounder
Answer : I think one of my greatest strength is my strong work ethic. When I commit to a deadline, I do whatever it takes to deliver. For example, last week we got extra project that needed to be completed in a short period of time. In the meeting we were asked to finish the project before the deadline. I paid an extra hours at home to complete the given task. I just delivered the project yesterday, and literally I was the first one to deliver. All of my colleague along with my department head valued my work.